- Social Security Disability
In 1979, he was one of the three founding members of the National Organization of Social Security Claimant Representatives (NOSSCR), the only nationally recognized group of attorneys specializing in Social Security Disability law.
As past president, member of the executive committee, and current member of the Council of Past Presidents, he has seen (NOSSCR) grow into a 4,000-member organization. As part of his duties, he has given over 200 presentations on various aspects of the Social Security Act, and has conducted numerous training seminars for attorneys just starting practice.
He has also been a member of the editorial board of West Publishing Company’s SOCIAL SECURITY REPORTING SERVICE, since its inception in 1985. In 1993, Mr. Weisberg was presented with the (NOSSCR) Pro Bono Award for legal services to the poor.
Mr. Weisberg has conducted more than a dozen training seminars over the past year for social workers and case managers.
He has been authorized to issue continuing education credits by the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative, and the Case Managers Association.
Mr. Weisberg would like to thank the many advocacy groups, contributors, and collaborators that have been with him all these years:
- St. John Providence Hospitals & Cancer Centers
- Michigan Medicine, Inc
- Nephrology, Neurology Oncology Heart Transplant
- Support Group Lung Transplant Support Group
- Henry Ford Health System
- Hermelin Brain Tumor Center
- Kidney Transplant Dept
- Michigan Institute of Neurological Disorders (M.I.N.D)
- Lenawee Community Mental Health Authority Kidney Disease Specialist, PLLC
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Gilda’s Club-Metro Detroit
- Travelers Aid Society
- Disability Network
- Lupus Alliance
- Wayne State University Law School
- Monroe County Intermediate School District
- Wayne County Dept of Public Health
- Arc of Western Wayne County
- Livonia Public Schools
- Jewish Family Services
- Wright & Filippis
- The Arc